It's official, going to church is good for you
It's now official (as published in the Sunday Times June 4th):
Going to church regularly is better for you than going to the gym!
The list of benefits include:
- Religious people live longer than non-religious people;
- The more often you attend church, the more your health will improve;
- The religious have lower blood pressure;
- Worshippers suffer less from heart disease;
- Church goers are less likely to get cancer;
- If you are religious, you will be less depressed;
- Going to church means you are less likely to be obese (gluttony is a sin).
But it isn't enough just to believe, you must actually attend services.
If you want to find out more then read the sermon: Get a Life: Join the Church not the Gym,
which was given by the vicar of my church on 11th June 2000.
Rather than taking the chance on enjoying my retirement, I'd prefer to play as the house and make sure the odds are in my favour.
See you in church ;-)
Site created by Richard Coleman on 1st February 1998.
All rights reserved, all trademarks acknowledged.
All information in this page correct as of 15th June 2000.